Photograph of a thermofor catalytic reformer at the General Petroleum Corporation's refinery in Torrance, ca.1940. An open-air rectangular-shaped structure with at least fifteen stories can be seen at center composed of metal beams. A staircase can be seen running up the structure. Four men are visible standing in front of many intertwined pipes in front of the structure, while a sphere can be seen at right. A few tall cylindrical-shaped stacks are visible in the left background. Photoprint reads: "The TCR takes low octane gasoline stock and turns this into a very high octane gasoline blending stock".