Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission Francis de Assis (Dolores) in disrepair, San Francisco, ca.1856-1857. The two-story mission building is pictured to the left, its arched doorway flanked to either side by columns. Although the roof's terracotta tiles seem in good order, the building is losing its spackle. A one-story adobe building with overhanging eaves extends from its right side, connecting it with a smaller adobe farther in the background, in front of which horse-drawn carriages and pedestrians can be seen. A second, disconnected building is visible in the far right background, in front of the hills. The road is unpaved. Picture file card reads: "Made by an Englishman and copied by Watkins, Terril and others" as well as "Note by Mr. Deakin--'no corridor in 1870'".