Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission Francisco de Assis (Dolores), San Francisco, ca.1890. The Romanesque main entrance to the two-story mission is pictured at the center, flanked to either side by columns. The roof above is tiled with terracotta and topped by a cross. To the right, an addition extends from the entrance, with a contrasting roof of shingles. It features four shuttered windows on the second floor, with a door and three shuttered windows on the bottom floor. A wrought-iron gate encloses the area, extending from either side of the entrance, a cemetery cordoned-off to the left, behind which mountains are visible. The tower of the cathedral is partially visible to the right. The road in front is unpaved.