Photograph of oil being exchanged between a ship and a wharf at the Standard Oil Company docks, ca.1920. The deck of a large tanker ship can be seen at right, and several long pipes run along the deck. An elevated wooden walkway runs between the pipes from bow to stern. Large hoses are attached to the left side of the vessel and connect to pipes on the wooden dock at left. A gangplank leads from the deck to the ship in the background. Further in the distance, several buildings are visible. An array of lines and masts can be seen above the ship's deck.