Photograph of horses and carriages gathered outside the Gibson and Young blacksmith shop, ca.1885. The shop is at left and is a large wooden building with dark walls and a light-colored peaked roof. A rectangular façade is attached to the front of the building, and a large rectangular door is cut into it. Another, smaller, building is at right. There is a wide variety of wheeled vehicles in the foreground, ranging from an open wagon at left to an enclosed streetcar at right. There are also several horses standing near the entrance to the shop. A large sign above the door to the farrier's shop bears the name of the blacksmiths.