Photograph of the adobe home of Don Ramundo Olivas on Rancho San Miguel between Ventura and Oxnard, 1900. The two-story building features a covered walkway on both floors with doors leading into the building. A stairway leading to the second floor can be seen at right. The yard in front of the building is well manicured. A dozen new trees are planted in the yard. Branches and leaves from a mature tree hovers above the house at left.; Picture file card reads: "Completed in 1849, this house was located 3 miles south of Ventura and 1 1/2 miles off the state highway. Built by Raymondo Olivas who was born in Los Angeles in 1801. In 1821 he moved to this location in the small, one room adobe which stands in back. In 1826, the large house was started as a one story building -- the second story came later. Don and his wife certainly had need for the room because all of their 21 children were born here. Before the Americans arrived, Olivas' land holdings had increased to 4,693 acres and was called Rancho San Miguel. The one story building at the right is the servants' headquarters. The property is now owned by the Fleishman Estate of Santa Barbara."