Photograph of the exterior of a residence on Sola Street in Santa Barbara, between Garden Street and Anacapa Street, ca.1887. The building in the foreground is a long, simple structure with one door and one window visible. It is raised off of the ground by wooden scaffolding, and there is a flight of four steps leading to a small platform in front of the door. On this platform is a chair occupied by a man tentatively identified as Mr. Theodore Hough, and his wife and his son, Jesse A. Hough II, are sitting on the steps. There is another house in the background to the right; it is a tall, narrow two story building with a ladder leaning on its right side. Picture file card asserts that Theodore Hugh was the son of Jesse C. Hough, Congregational minister in 1870's Santa Barbara.