Photograph of a drawing by Edward Vischer depicting the exterior of the Mission Santa Clara, as it appeared in 1851. An ox stands at center, in front of the long portico that extends from the left of the mission's barn-style main building. Also to the left, a wooden bell tower is attached to the mission. The roofs are covered by terracotta tiles. The silhouette of a man with a walking stick is visible to the front and left of the ox, just as the silhouette of a woman is visible to its back right. Shrubs line the bottom of the image. Text written-in below the image identifies the mission and the date.