Photograph of a monument erected by the Daughters of the American Revolution, Santa Barbara, 1928. A plaque can be seen affixed to a large boulder at center. Trees are visible in the background. The monument marks the southeasterly boundary of the Presidio at Santa Barbara, describing the activities of Governor Felipe de Neve, Captain Jose Francisco Ortega, and Fray Junipero Serra.; Plaque reads: "This tablet marks the southeasterly boundary of the Santa Barbara Presidio founded in 1782 by Governor Felipe de Neve and Captain Jose Francisco Ortega in command of fifty soldiers accompanied by Fray Junipero Serra who dedicated the site. Santa Barbara Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1926".