Photograph of an exterior view of a Santa Barbara presidio on De la Guerra Street, ca.1870. A long, split-level adobe is pictured extending away from the foreground from right to left. To the right, a small patio is shown beneath an overhang of terracotta-tiled roof, which is supported by two columns made of adobe brick. The door to the building can be seen just inside the overhang. Farther left, a second section of the building is shown, a single window in its side. Still farther left, the third section of the building rises slightly higher than the other two, a second roof featuring what appears to be either a chimney or a bell tower. This third portion has no spackle, showing its brickwork. A fourth section, apparently separate can be seen in the left background. The ground in front of the buildings seems dry, covered in sedgegrass.