Photograph, 15 October 1948. "Courthouse and Jevinile Hall, Bonds Committee, Elmer Cain. -- Caption with pix of Braun Building, 524 North Spring Street. Illustration with story with elad beginning 'The average litigant needs a Cook's tour guide, etc.' -- Former drug company warehouse, the Braun Building at 524 North Spring Street, today was destined to become just another of the structures being converted by the Board of Supervisors into emergency quarters for the Superior Courts of Los Angeles County. County Public Administrator Ben H. Brown has just vacated the second floor to allow two new courts. Records of the county clerk will be moved from the first floor for two other courts." -- typed note attached to verso.; Streetscape. Horizontal photography.