Photograph of a drawing. "This is the new Jewish Community Building under construction at 590 North Vermont Avenue. When completed it will serve as administrative headquarters for the Los Angeles Jewish Community Council and its activities; the Federation of Jewish Welfare Organizations and constituent agancies; and other Jewish organizations serving the community. -- The three-story structure is being constructed in L-shape along Vermont Avenue and Clinton Street, leaving in its bend an existing buidling which houses the Council. It will have 90,000 square feet, house a total of 26 agencies, and employees' rooftop cafeteria to seat 200, have a central Board Room and at least six meeting rooms, a print shop, central supply room, mail room, etc. There will be parking facilities for 150 cars. -- Site of the building is the old Pantages Estate which was occupied by the Army during the war. The property was purchased in 1947 by the Los Angeles Jewish Community Council. -- Financing is by loan from the Equitable Life Assurance Society and is to be paid off in twenty years through rentals by the occupying agencies. Total cost of the building will be approximately one million dollars. -- Design was by Albert Criz; construction by the Contracting Engineers Company. Completion date has been set for May 1, 1951. Ground-breaking ceremonies were held last Sunday (28 [June 1950]) and there will be dedication ceremonies when the building is completed. -- President of Los Angeles Jewish Community Council is Isaac Pacht. Ben Solnit is chairman of the Property and Housing Committee responsible for construction details." -- news release from the Los Angeles Jewish Community Council, 4 June 1950, to the Examiner attached to verso. Verso dated, "June 20, 1950".