Photograph of landmark plaque in Los Angeles Plaza taken ca. 3 September 1961. "Los Angeles Plaza -- A part of the original pueblo lands of El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Ángeles de Porciúncula founded in 1781 under the Spanish 'Laws of the Indies' during the reign of Carlos III, King of Spain. This plaza is southeast of and adjoining the site of the original plaza, center of the settlement established by Governor Felipe de Neve in 1781. When the Plaza Church was complete in the 1820's, this site was reserved as a public plaza. It was officially dedicated as a public park in 1869. -- Plaque placed by Californiana Parlor no. 247, Native Daughers of the Golden West, August 12, 1950. -- Registered State Landmark no. 156, State of California." -- plaque inscription.; Streetscape. Horizontal photography.