Ambatomanga' school of the Société des missions évangéliques de Paris, in Madagascar. On the left, this is the building for the final year of elementary school, it was built in 1949/50. In the background, this is the house of the director. In the foreground, this is the new building built in 1954/55 : classrooms for 7th and 8th grades, chemistry classroom and the room for manual work (weaving and sewing).; The first SMEP missionaries arrived in Ambatomanga in 1904. The french mission developed the school activities with two kinds of training: a teacher training school and a school to train the indigenous clergy.