"The beginning of Medak Institution. " The Medak institution for the training of Indian catechists and Bible women opened in 1899. The first Principal, seen here with a group of students, was Charles Walker Posnett (1870-1950).; From a set of lantern slides entitled "Our Indian Fellow Workers" compiled by Frank Deaville Walker (1878-1945), editor of the Methodist Missionary Society magazines Foreign Field and its successor, Kingdom Overseas. Many of the photographs Walker used were his own, taken on visits to the MMS mission fields between 1920 and 1937.