" Middle School, 36 pupils, Chuanchow Spring 1925." Staff and Middle School pupils of the Pei-ying Girls' School, Quanzhou.; Set of 13 photographs belonging to Annie N. Duncan, a missionary of the English Presbyterian Mission's Women's Missionary Association. She was appointed to the Quanzhou mission station in 1893 where she assumed responsibility for the Girls' School and remained in that post until 1932. "Miss Duncan was sent out by the Scottish auxiliary (of the EPM), and being financed mainly by Sunday Schools throughout Scotland, she was known as 'the Children's Missionary'. (Edward Band, Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Misson 1847-1947, London, 1948. p.303). In 1902 she published The City of Springs or mission work in Chinchew etc." describing early mission work in Quanzhou.