"Chuanchow Women's Hospital". Staff of the Women's Hospital, Quanzhou. This hospital was opened to out-patients in 1902 and to in-patients in 1903. Dr Edith Bryson (seated at left) worked at the hospital from 1905 to 1934 and Dr Louisa Thacker (seated at right) was there from 1906 to 1932.; Set of 13 photographs belonging to Annie N. Duncan, a missionary of the English Presbyterian Mission's Women's Missionary Association. She was appointed to the Quanzhou mission station in 1893 where she assumed responsibility for the Girls' School and remained in that post until 1932. "Miss Duncan was sent out by the Scottish auxiliary (of the EPM), and being financed mainly by Sunday Schools throughout Scotland, she was known as 'the Children's Missionary'. (Edward Band, Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Misson 1847-1947, London, 1948. p.303). In 1902 she published The City of Springs or mission work in Chinchew etc." describing early mission work in Quanzhou.