A home for destitute female infants was founded at Amoy [Xiamen] by Georgina Maclagan of the English Presbyterian Mission, and others, in 1887. A new building was built the following year and, by 1892, 34 small girls had been rescued.; Album containing approximately 170 photographs and 55 coloured drawings belonging to Lilias Graham, of the Womens' Missionary Association, English Presbyterian Mission in China. Lilias Graham was an honorary missionary with the WMA from 1888 to 1906 when ill-health forced her to retire. She herself funded much of the WMA work in Chuan-Chow [Quanzhou], Fujian Province.