Museum established by J. S. Whitewright in 1887 in Tsing Chou Fu (also known as Ch'ing-Chou-Fu) [now Qingzhou Shi], China. Taxidermized animals, artifacts in display cases, and framed posters illustrate different aspects of the natural history and culture of the area.; J. S. Whitewright was a British missionary serving under the Baptist Missionary Society in North China from 1881 to 1926. The museum he established in 1887 was stocked with natural history exhibits as well as models and pictures,many of which were designed to illustrate the positive influence of Christianity on civilization. The museum attracted large crowds from the countryside, especially on market days. Chinese evangelists and missionaries stationed at the museum used this opportunity to preach and converse with groups and individuals.