"An Indian village railway station." Aleru was the headquarters of one of the MMS circuits in Hyderabad State. The station was on the Nizam's Guaranteed State Railway constructed during the 1870s.; From a set of lantern slides entitled "Highways and Byways in a Hyderabad Circuit" compiled by the Methodist missionary Rev J.C.Knight Anstey (d. 1947) who served in that particular district for 28 years, from 1892 to 1920. It is thought that most of the photographs in the set were taken by Anstey himself during his period of service.