Photograph of a view of Sonora Town and Fort Moore Hill on Hill Street looking north from Plaza Church on Temple Street, ca.1883. The mansion of the Banning residence is visible on Fort Moore Hill at the center of the frame, Hill Street curving in toward it at the left. Below the hill, smaller houses can be seen, showing an inn in the extreme foreground at right, advertising "Furnished Rooms". A latticework of picket fences can be seen to the left.; Photoprint reads "John A Willis bought site of his home in December 1884 -- improved lot and build residence in 1886" as well as "Ruins of lot at left of picture -- Home in center built by Joe Phillips and purchased by M.N. Banning".