Photograph of a panoramic view of the Los Angeles Plaza, looking west, ca.1905. The F.W. Braun Building, Plaza Catholic Church, and shops along Main Street are visible in the background. Men are sitting, standing or moving about near the church, plaza and along Main Street. An electric streetcar is passing on Main Street carrying about a dozen passengers. Rocks and other forms of debris litter the dirt road. Utility lines and utility poles run along the streets.; CHS-5081.1: Legible signs include: "F.W. Braun & Co. Wholesale Druggists, druggists sundries and assayers goods, Braun's sa[...]sa[...], [cre]scent malt [whi]skey, [...] [intern or extern]al use only, California Mission eucalyptus lozenges for sore throat, coughs and colds", "F.W. Braun & Co. Building", "[...]are house, furnished rooms", "Geo W. Walker's Fontella cigars, smoke like 10-cents", "507, S.S. Wallace & Co., wholesale, 507", "seeds", "keep off the grass", "fruit, groceries, tobacco, ice cream, 5-cents", "517, E. Ca[...], [...]d, liquors", "Parisian pastry, ice cream, confectionery", "Plaza Machine Works", "Trunks", "University & Garvanza".; CHS-5081: Legible signs include: "Kor[...] shops"..., "Nat[...]na", "Burns the shoe man, [...] shoes, fit easy, best in the world, $3.50".; A plaque later erected at the Los Angeles Plaza site reads: "This site was part of the lands originally granted to El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles in 1781 by the king of Spain, Carlos III, under the Spanish law of the Indies. The first plaza of the pueblo had been located to the southeast, close to the Rio Porciuncula (Los Angeles River). When the river flooded, the pueblo was moved to higher ground. Shortly after the dedication of the plaza church in December 1822, the plaza's location was changed again to the present site." -- unknown author, 2001.