Photograph of exterior view of the Temple Building, the first Los Angeles County Court House, ca.1880. Located on East Main Street one block north of Temple Street, the building is bounded by Spring Street, Main Street, Court Street and Market Street; this is a view of the Spring Street side. Vendors are set up at the base of the building under cover of temporary awnings. Horse-drawn carriages are seen at right. The clock on the tower shows the time to be 11:10. Legible signs include: "Gore & Stradley [...] Shoes". Writing on one image reads "Old Court House 1885...". The building was built in 1859 by John Temple and rented to the County and to vendors who leased store space.