Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Francisco de Asis, prior to its restoration, taken by artist and photographer Edward Vischer, 1873. The mission is pictured at center, a barn-like two-story building made from adobe brick. A balcony extends from the second supported by the two columns that flank either side of the building's portico entrance. A wrought-iron fence stands in front while a picket fence to the right of the main building separates it from a long, open-air adobe patio. The spackle is coming of the adobe walls. The road in the foreground is unpaved and lined by a short wall of stones.; Image acquired? by C.C. Pierce around 1920.