Photograph of a drawing by Edward Vischer depicting a holiday gathering of rancheros at the Mission Santa Clara, 1842-1846. A cart drawn by two oxen and two men on horseback passes along the crossroads in the foreground in front of the church. Nearby approximately five other horsemen can be seen a little farther back. The mission itself is distinguished by a tall wooden bell tower on the left corner of the church, and a long low building with an exterior corridor attached to the left side of church in front of which picket fence runs. A tall cross stands planted in the ground directly in front of the church's portico entrance. A few animals and grazing animals are visible near the mission. The text below the image reads: "Drawn from photograph and personal recollection 1842-46 -- after mass, holiday gathering of rancheros with the family ox-cart", and "Ex-mission and church of Santa Clara , the site of the present Jesuit College.".; Image acquired? by C.C. Pierce around 1925.