Photograph of a drawing by Edward Vischer depicting the Mission Santa Barbara and bearing the autograph of Father José Ma. Jesus Gonzales Rubio, May 7, 1865. Two tall bell towers flank the main portico entry of the church, a long low building fronted with a long series of arches and an exterior corridor extending to the left. People and horses are scattered across the field in front of the mission. A fountain as visible next to the church at the extreme left. The text below the image reads: "Autograph. Fr. José M'a. de Jesus Gonzalez Rubio", "Santa Barbara (1842-1865)", "While engaged in tracing the first outlines of this interesting structure, Sunday, May 7th, 1865, mass just over, was obtained, through favor, the autograph of Father Gonzalez, the worthy President of the College, solicited and kindly granted as a memento of this our second visit, after an interval of twenty three years! To preserve in the proper place so welcome a present, we committed the pardonable indiscretion of finishing[?] [...] in our drawing on the very page containing the autograph as a means to grant[?] those of our friends who like [...] personal expectations with Father Gonzalez, the last survivor of the missionaries, appreciate his excellent qualities. Thus we secured what [...] became a relic of one whose name was blessed during lifetime by many hearts he comforted [...] after his death [...] was the last piller of the missionary work in California so honorably pre[...] by Father Junipero Serra, Geronimo Boscana, Sanchez, P[...], Salveda, Doran -- distinguished ornaments of the [...] of San Francisco. [...] of the California [...] church and contiguous buildings of the ex-Mission of Santa Barbara, now a college of the order of San Francisco.".; Image acquired? by C.C. Pierce around 1925.