Photograph of liquid being exchanged between a ship and a wharf, ca.1920. In the foreground to the left, several steel pipes and valves line the edge of the wharf. Similarly, several steel pipes and valves can be seen on the deck of the large ship to the right. Three long rubber pipes can be seen connecting the pipes on the wharf to the pipes on deck. In the far background, two rubber hoses appear to be connected in a similar manner. Various beams and small compartments decorate the lower deck of the ship. On the right, two men are seen posing behind a large beam attached to a cylindrical object. To the far right, parts of the upper deck are visible. To the left, a small platform connects the dock of the wharf to the deck of the ship. In the background to the far left, several more rubber hoses lie adjacent to a small building.