Photograph of a panoramic view of San Diego taken from the roof of the courthouse, ca.1890. To the left, there is a dirt road with a handful of horse drawn vehicles on it. In the foreground is a large building with a cupola on top and a tall pole to the right. There are trees mixed in with the densely packed buildings. At center farther right two horse-drawn vehicles and a pedestrian can be seen on the road while in the foreground a large four story building is evident. Most of the buildings visible are rectangular with flat roofs, although there are several with more conventional peaked roofs. There is a sign that reads "[Furn]ished Rooms" in the bottom left corner. Across the street is a low building with wooden siding. The buildings in the background appear to be mostly residential, and there are many trees mixed in among them. There is the head of a statue of Justice in the bottom left corner. Other legible signs include, from left to right, "Pianos [...] Organs" and "Furnished Rooms", and "Hay Grain Wood Coal".