Photograph of a painting by Ferdinand Deppe depicting Mission San Gabriel as it looked in 1828, 1900-1910. The large adobe mission buildings are visible in the distance. The chapel and bell tower are at right, while long, low living quarters are at left. In the foreground at right, a small domed Indian residence is visible. Several Native Americans can be seen in the foreground, and many are handling horses. A large crowd is gathered near the entrance to the church at right. Several steep mountains can be seen in the background.