Photograph of a hand-drawn plot map of the town of Compton, ca.1885. Quadrilateral plots numbered from one to thirty-two fill the lower two-thirds of the map. Each plot is subdivided into smaller units, which are also numbered. The map is bounded at the north by Lemon Street, at the east by Pomegranate Street, at the south by Olive Street, and at the west by Oleander Street. The width of the streets in feet is also recorded. The top of the map is titled "Map of the Town of Compton", followed by text describing and certifying the content of the map. Another certification, dated 1885 by the County Recorder, sits at the bottom edge of the map.