18 images. Glendora layout, 8 May 1952. Claude E. Midkiff, Fire Chief; Diane Mauck; Sally Hawekotte; Joyce McClendon, Fiesta Queen; Pat Zaffiras (female); Connie Adams; Louis C. Wood, Mayor; Oren Dan Fay, Junior, Police Chief; Shirley Moon.; Caption slip reads: "Photographer: Mercurio. Date: 1952-05-08. Reporter: Ostler. Assignment: City of Glendora. 106-107: General view of City Hall of Glendora located at corner of East Foothill Boulevard and Michigan Avenue. 150-151: Glendora Fire Chief Claude E. Midkiff, chief since 1928, sits in antiquated 1915 model American La France Fire Engine. Diane Mauck is seen standing on left of Midkiff. Sally Hawekotte on chief's right. Midkiff has been with the department since 1919. 113-112: Joyce McClendon, queen of recent Glendora Fiesta Days is seen viewing site of first lot sold in the city -- April 1, 1887 -- Christian Church now located on site. 60-61: Pat Zaffiras (left) and Connie Adams with book are seen on roots of giant Australian Fig tree, the 2nd largest in the state located at 655 South Santa Fe Street. The tree, of the rubber tree family, has a 134 foot root spread and is 25 feet in diameter".; Caption slip continues: "17: Sally Hawekotte of Glendora sits on fire engine fender tool box while chief Claude E. Midkiff shows Diane Mauck the effectiveness of the old time fire bell. 7-8: Mayor Louis C. Wood and Chief of Police Oren Dan Fay Jr. confer on new housing development site. Four hundred new homes are presently under construction in Glendora. 1920: General view inside a lemon packing house of the Glendora Citrus growers association, one of several in the city. More than 475 carloads of lemons are processed at this house every season. 157: Shirley Moon of Glendora seen assorting and grading lemons as the citrus are dumped on conveyor at the beginning of the packing process. 116-117: General view of one of the new housing developments located at Minnesota Street and East Foothill Boulevard. 27-28: Looking north on Michigan Avenue, Glendora's main street through its business district. The community has nearly 8000 people".